How exciting it is to receive your recently ordered canvas wall art from a wall décor store. You perhaps have waited for a few weeks to receive your order.
Finally your wall art arrives, you sign off your package from the postman and you hurriedly tear off the shipping label to unveil its content. You rip off the seal enveloping the rolled tube only to find out that your beloved canvas art arrived all wrinkled.
Most canvas wall arts are usually shipped in rolled tubes due to handling and sometimes shipping cost. Long shipping times and poor handling are a few factors that result to wrinkling of canvas material.
When this occurs, do not fret, these are a few tips on how to get rid of wrinkles on your lovely wall art.
Iron over medium heat
Your canvas material is made of high quality cotton, polyester and linen and can be ironed like cloth. When wrinkling occurs on canvas, go can get rid of it by doing the following:
1) Take out your electric iron and set it on medium heat.
2) Turn the canvas face down (design facing down and the white back facing upward)
3) Dampen the rear of the canvas with sprinkles of water.
4) Place a towel over the canvas and apply the iron on medium heat gently
5) Apply repeatedly to remove wrinkles.
Please ensure you regulate the temperature of the iron to avoid melting the canvas material and the wrinkles will be off in a few minutes.
The second approach to removing wrinkles or creases from your canvas painting is:
Stretch and roll
If you’re skeptical about applying the heat of the iron over your canvas, you may adopt this process however, it may take a bit more time to remove the wrinkles off the canvas.
- Get a rolling pin or knob
- Sprinkle water on the rear of the canvas
- Apply the rolling pin on the rear of the canvas and apply pressure
- Roll and stretch out evenly and repeated procedure until wrinkles disappear.
Hope you found these tips helpful, when your wall art is wrinkled up, you can apply these basic steps to get rid of the wrinkles.
Let us know what experiences you have had with your canvas material.